Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Cincinnati Union Bethel.
Early Childhood Education
Our preschools need volunteers for a number of tasks. Some of the volunteers work directly with the children, who are three to five years old; some do not. All volunteers work with teaching staff to ensure safe, educational opportunities for our children.
There is a screening process in order to protect the children in our care. Often volunteers must undergo a physical, including a Tuberculosis test, and a criminal background check, but the requirements vary depending on what you will be doing. We will be happy to explain the paperwork and outline what is needed to do this important work.
- Reading to the children
- Painting a classroom
- Mulching/cleaning a playground
- Preparing classrooms in August
- Cleaning closets, storage areas
- Serving food or helping with games at the end of the year party
- Bilingual volunteers needed
The Anna Louise Inn
The new Anna Louise Inn in Mt. Auburn has just opened, so we have a wonderful new building for our residents with many modern conveniences. However, we serve 85 women at the Inn, so there will definitely be some volunteer opportunities coming available soon.
- Mulching and tending flowers
- Organizing donated items
- Stuffing envelopes for mailings
Off the Streets
The Off the Streets program is heavily supported by volunteers who run sessions throughout the day for the women in the program. These positions are currently full. However, volunteers may help in other ways.
- Writing letters of encouragement to the women in the program
- Cooking a meal for the women
- Making baked goods for a session break
- Serving on a committee
- Hosting a potluck with friends to raise money and tell them about the program
- Collecting personal care items to donate to the program
Please call 513-768-6933 with any questions or to get started.